Scripture Union Australia Events
Every year, over 1,500 SU Australia volunteers run 100 camps across the state. Our camps provide 4500 children and teenagers with a fun-filled, positive time away from home. We aim to provide a quality holiday program, meeting the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of each participant. Every camp sets aside a time for faith discussions, where participants have a chance to explore the claims of the Christian Faith and ponder the bigger questions about life.
Child Protection Statement of Commitment
SU Australia is committed to the safety and holistic wellbeing of all children and young people involved on our events. To ensure that children and young people are kept safe from harm, our staff and volunteers are required to possess a current blue card; agree to adhere to a code of conduct when working with children, and undergo training in child safety. SU Australia takes child protection and safety seriously and consequently has policies and procedures in place to ensure that your child has the best possible experience with us.
We only ask for information that is necessary for the purposes outlined in this statement. In some circumstances, if you don’t provide us with all the requested information you could miss the opportunity to be involved in our program.
On rare occasions, a camp may need to be cancelled for reasons beyond our control (eg: low camper enrolment, matters of safety and care, etc.). In these situations, we will endeavour to place your child on another camp when appropriate or organise a refund
A Camper Letter will be mailed prior to camp, including more details about the program, what to bring and site contact details. The Event Director will may also include a form for you to complete regarding travel arrangements and Medication to be taken while on camp (if applicable).
Some financial help may be given in cases of genuine need – enquiries can be made through the Event Director.
Bookings cannot be made over the telephone, though enquiries are most welcome.
SU Australia may withhold a late cancellation fee.
SU Australia reserves the right to reject applications, in these circumstances a full refund will be provided.
I HAVE TO CANCEL MY REGISTRATION BUT HAVE ALREADY PAID IN FULL. DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?
If we receive adequate notice of the cancellation your registration will be refunded less a number of minor costs (e.g. postage and other incidentals). Depending on how close the cancellation is to the start of the event, your deposit may be withheld.
HOW DO I REQUEST A REFUND?
You can request a refund via email or phone with our support hub team, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (07) 3112 6400 If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our office on (07) 3112 6400
Your Agreement with SU Australia
I am aware in agreeing to this document for my child’s participation in this program that certain elements of the program could be physically and emotionally demanding. Furthermore, I understand that certain inherent risks and dangers may exist in the activities in which my child will be participating. I acknowledge that while SU Australia and its leaders will make every reasonable effort to minimise exposure to known risks, all hazards and dangers associated with these activities cannot be foreseen or may be beyond the control of SU Australia, its leaders and staff. In the event of any emergency where my nominated contact people are unavailable:
- I authorise the leaders to obtain medical advice and/or assistance which they deem necessary.
- I further authorise qualified practitioners to administer anaesthetic if required.
- I accept all operation, blood transfusion and/or anaesthetic risks involved in the event that such procedures are deemed necessary.
- I accept the responsibility for payment and agree to pay medical, transport and any other related expenses.
- I confirm that the information contained in this application is true and correct.
- I agree to inform the leader of any change to these details.
- I understand that the event leaders will take all responsible care of my child whilst at camp and that SU Australia or its representatives will not be liable in any injury or accident, or for damage or loss of property. I give my consent for and agree to pay for any necessary medical treatment. I understand that in cases of unacceptable behaviour, participants will be sent home from camp.